BCCA Project Closeout Guide Launch Webinar
Free! BCCA Project Closeout Guide – Info Session
We all know that the closing stages of a project can be the most challenging and relationships can be tested. To help you be more effective in the closing stages of your contracts and project closeouts, BCCA has created a brand-new, comprehensive guide. Developed by a taskforce of industry experts, Guide to the Closeout of Construction Contracts and Projects is a comprehensive and in-depth tool that includes practical checklists and recommendations.
Join us for this FREE walkthrough with the expert taskforce that authored the guide. Session content will include project management best practices to help facilitate closing stages of a construction contract and closeout of a project as well as a discussion of subcontractors and suppliers’ rights to progressive release of their holdback. Additional topics will include compliance with the BC Builders Lien Act and the Ready-for-Takeover milestone (introduced in the recently updated CCDC 2-2020 and CCA 1-2021).
Key topics covered in the session:
- Progressive Release of the Lien Holdback
- Project Management Best Practices
- Contractual Obligations, and
- Statutory Requirements (Builder’s Lien Act)
- Terry Brown, STBR Consulting
- Randy Noble, Chief Estimator, Houle Electric
- Eric Lindokken, Project Manager, Kinetic Construction
- Tim M. Sportschuetz, Founder, Construction Lawyer, Sportschuetz & Company
- Katy Fairley, Industry Standard Practices Consultant, BCCA